In order not to get sick – vaccination?
We often compare animals and children: we need to worry about those and others, love, feed, but sometimes we forget that animals, like small children, need to be vaccinated on time. Vaccination of dogs, cats and other animals will help your pet develop immunity and avoid serious infectious diseases.
WHO NEEDS VACCINATIONS?
Often, pet owners think: “My pet does not go out, so he can not get sick.” In fact, an animal can become infected with a dangerous virus, having spent all its life in the walls of an apartment.
There are several explanations for this:
– We bring the source of infection to the apartment
– On clothes and shoes (remember, did the pet play at least once with your street shoes?)
– Guests who have a sick animal may come to you;
– A pet may accidentally jump out into the street (especially if you live on the ground floor) or into the staircase. Thus, all animals need to be vaccinated without exception.
Vaccinated cats and dogs are not allowed to participate in exhibitions and competitions, and if you urgently need to leave, then taking an animal with you without a veterinary passport will not work – this is smuggling.
RULES FOR VACCINATION OF CATS AND DOGS:
– Only clinically healthy animals can be vaccinated;
– You can not give vaccinations to pregnant and lactating;
– It is worthwhile to postpone the procedure if the animal is under stress (for example, after a long trip);
– You can not vaccinate sick animals and those who less than two weeks ago underwent antibiotic treatment;
– It is better to temporarily cancel the vaccine if you even suspect that your pet has been infected by other animals;
– Before vaccinating cats, dogs and other animals, you must definitely get rid of parasites.
After the procedure, the veterinarian watches the pet for some time to understand there are no allergic reactions to the drug. Planned surgical operations (e.g. castration) cannot be performed for three weeks.